Each year the Institut de France’s Christophe and Rodolphe Mérieux Foundation awards a Scientific "Grand Prize" known as the “Christophe Mérieux Prize” to support research into infectious diseases in developing countries.
The Christophe Mérieux Prize (500,000 Euros) is exclusively destined to researchers from these countries and whose activity is permanently exercised in such countries, and will be allocated as follows:
- 100,000 Euros as personal reward to the Prize winner having the scientific responsibility of the team
- 400,000 Euros earmarked for the development of the team’s research.
It will be awarded in 2020 under the following conditions:
Deadline for receipt of dossiers:
- November 18, 2019
Constitution of application dossiers:
- CV of the applicant heading up the team, with date of birth and personal address (1 page)
- Composition of the team (1 page)
- Description of previous research achievements in the field (2-3 pages)
- Title of research project
- Current research project(s) (2 pages)
- List of ten most significant publications
- Reasons justifying the application for the Prize (1/2 page)
- Plus two supporting letters from outside Institutions
Please note that a candidacy that was not selected in the previous years can’t be resubmitted more than three times.
Applications must be both mailed electronically as one continuous pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org and by post to Fondation Christophe et Rodolphe Mérieux, Prix Christophe Mérieux, Institut de France, 23, quai de Conti, 75270, Paris, Cedex 06
For all further information, please contact the Foundations Office (Tel.: 01 44 41 44 48 , e-mail: email@example.com).